This section of Configuration allows you to set up Folder Types and their configurable rules to help in the organization of your Learning Catalog. Names, icons, and rules for each Folder Type can be edited and customized to best suit your business requirements. You can add new Folder Types to complement or merge with existing Folder Types.
To access Folder Types;
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected; should there be more than one Active Team.
- Click on the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the Configuration tab.
- From the Configuration panel, click on Folder Types.
The Folder Type List displayed will show the five preconfigured Folder Types that come with the LMS. These Folder Types can be edited if needed and new Folder Types can be created for custom organizational requirements.
- Chapter: Chapters can be used to group the Learning Elements (LE) together in more manageable segments. Chapters appear as section headings along with all of their LE within a Course list view.
- Collection: Collections can be used to group Courses together in more manageable segments. Collections appear as section headings along with all of their Courses within a Learning Path list view.
- Course: A Course is a traditional way to group Learning Elements. Once the LE are completed, the Course is considered complete. Courses can have Chapters and LE as children.
- Folder: Folders can have Folders, Learning Paths, Courses and LE as children. It is very flexible but not a formal member of the Learning Path / Course paradigm.
- Learning Path: Can be used for organizing a set of Courses together. Learning Paths can have Collections and Courses as children.
Editing a Folder Type
All of the pre-configured Folder Types can be edited.
- Click on the pencil icon.
The Folder Type Details window displays.
- Perform the necessary updates.
- Click Update to save changes.
Add new Folder Type
- Click Add new Folder Type.
- Folder Type Name: Enter the name of the new Folder Type.
- Icon Small, Icon Medium, Icon Large, Icon X-Large: Icons used to identify Folder Type.
- Learner Presentation: Select whether to show Drill Down or Expanded (that can optionally be hidden) folder in the Learner UI.
- Scoring Process: Folder Types can have their Scoring Process set to Roll Up or Pass Through. Roll Up all LE and child Folder scores to the Folder. Pass Through all LE and child Folder scores to the parent Folder.
- Child Types: Select the child types this folder type can create.
- Click Update to save and create your new Folder Type.