This section provides a few general options to configure your LMS Administration Module.
To access General Options:
- Ensure the Configuration tab has been selected.
- Ensure the proper Active Team has been selected.
- Click/Tap on General Options.
This section contains a variety of configurations for different aspects of the Accord LMS.
- Hide Active Team: If the user has only ONE Team available to them, check this box to hide the Active Team feature. This will prevent them from being able to select an inappropriate Active Team. Leave this box unchecked for users with access to multiple Teams.
- Learner Search List Limit: Type a number in the field to limit the number of records displayed in User Lists.
- Bulk Import Report Storage: Length of time the Automatic Import Reports will be stored on the server.
- Include Past Session Display Limit: Choose the number of days that a session which is due should display on the LMS Admin Catalog and Enrollment TreeView.
- PDF Font File Name: In some special cases, you may want to force PDF template fields to conform to a specific UNICODE font. To do this, type the font name in the field provided (e.g. SIMSUN.TTF, which support Chinese characters). The font file can be found at /DesktopModules/Interzoic.AccordLMS/Fonts/. Leave this field blank if no font needs to be forced.
This section allows you to configure the default settings that will be used by the LMS.
Report > Filters > Advanced Options
- Attempts: Select what new Report Filters should have Attempts set to by default: Best, Last, Last Completed, First Completed.
My Team > Learning Roles > Learning Role Management > Role Details
- LE Tracking Options: Select to Track All LE Attempts or just Track All Attempts until LE is completed.
- Before Start Date Options: Select what new Learning Roles should have Before Start Date Options set to by default.
- After Due Date Options: Select what new Learning Roles should have After Due Date Options set to by default.
This section provides configuration options for the Folder Attempt calculations.
- Burst Size: Folder Attempt processes are queued in batches via a scheduled task. Select the batch quantity. Leave blank if you want all the folder attempts to be updated. This setting affects ALL LMS modules on ALL portals.
- Period: Folder Attempt processes are queued in batches via a scheduled task. Select the time period for the task.
Virtual ILT (Instructor Led Training)
This section allows you to configure some settings that affect the way Virtual ILT Learning Elements behave.
- VILT Launch Preview: Allows choice of how many minutes before a VILT Session starts that a user can launch the Webinar window.
- Force Open New Windows For Mobile: When accessing the Virtual ILT content on a mobile device, check this option to force the Learning Element to launch in a new window.
The Search section allows configuration of the Search Index. The Search Index includes all Learning Element metadata such as: name, summary, details, tags, LEID, and custom Education Activity names as well as words and phrases contained within the LE source, including SCORM (HTML), File (including HTML, PDF and all Office documents), Pages, PDF Templates and URLs (onsite and offsite).
The updated Search feature is implemented for all Accord LMS search results - from both the Learner and Admin module UI.
The Search Index is a common data store utilized by all LMS Admin Modules across the DNN codebase. However, the Search results are limited to only the LE that a specific LMS Admin or Learner has permission to access.
All Search settings are global, except the Search Index Portal Alias which is unique to each LMS Administration Module.
- Minimum Word Length: Enter the minimum word size to be included in the index. Default value is 3.
- Maximum Word Length: Enter the maximum word size to be included in the index. Default value is 255.
- Maximum Crawl Depth (on-site): Enter the Maximum Crawl Depth to Index 'on-site' HTML pages. This setting only applies to htm(l) files referenced via the File or URL Element Source type. A value of '0' will only index the root level HTML page without any children.
- Maximum Crawl Depth (off-site): Enter the Maximum Crawl Depth to Index 'offsite' HTML pages. This setting only applies to htm(l) files referenced via the File or URL Element Source type. A value of '0' will only index the root level HTML page without any children.
Off-site indexing has been limited to '0' - no off-site child HTML content will be indexed.
- Files Types to Index: A comma separated list of file extensions, like: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, txt, rtf, htm, html for which direct or iFilter parsing and indexing should be attempted.
Textual extensions like html and txt are parsed directly. Docx files are natively parsed, without needing any external component. Binary files (pdf, doc, dot, rtf, csv, xlt, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, etc.) are parsed via IFilters therefore the proper IFilter parser needs to be installed on the web server.
- IFilters require the web server to be in full trust mode (or the IFilter component must be installed in the Global Assembly Cache).
- Windows search service must be running.
- To index PDF files, the system must have the Adobe IFilter installed http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4025
- To index MS Office files, the system must have MS office filter packs installed (not required for doc,docx files) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17062
- XML, CHM, PostScript and many other file types can also indexed using commercially available IFilters http://www.ifiltershop.com
- For more information on IFilters, please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFilter
- File Type Portal Alias: Select any valid portal alias for the current portal. The drop down will only present portal aliases associated with the current PortalID. The selected Portal Alias will be used by the Indexing engine to access Event Source File types via URL for Indexing.
- Search Index Path: The location where the Search Index is stored. By default it is /App_data/LMSSearch. This location can be manually changed by creating a Host Setting LmsSearch_IndexFolder in the database. It is advised to stop the App Pool prior to making this change. When customizing, the specified path must be absolute, not relative. Content of an old folder must be manually copied to a new location or a manual Rebuild Index must be triggered.
- Get More Information: When clicked, adds to the page details about the index.
- Compact Index: Enables an internal flag telling the search indexer to optimize the index on its next run. The optimization will re-arrange internal index files and purge some (but maybe not all) its deleted items. Compacting the Index reclaims space from deleted items in the Index Store. It is recommended only when there are many Deleted Documents in Index Store. Compacting may require twice the size of current Index Store during processing. If there are just a few items deleted, nothing will change.
- Rebuild Index: Enables an internal flag telling the search indexer to start from scratch. All current index items will be deleted and each LE in the catalog will be indexed. The normal operation of the search indexed is to include only LE's created or updated after its previous run. Re-Indexing deletes existing content from the Index Store and then re-indexes everything.
Both Compacting and Re-Indexing are done by Learning Elements Search Crawler scheduled job.
One or more words can be specified if intended to obtain search results containing Learning Elements with either the first term or any of the other terms.
If a complete word is not known or more than one Learning Element containing certain information needs to be found, an asterisk (*) wild card can be used to match words starting with or ending with a specific character. Wild card and non-wild card terms can be mixed in the same search.
Phrases can also be specified using double quoted text. Quoted and non-quoted terms can be used in the same search.
In this section you have the option to activate the generation of log files from every enrollment made in the LMS
- Enable Enrollment Logs: Check this box to enable enrollment logs to be saved for each enrollment performed on your site.
- Days to keep Enrollment Logs: Select how many days to archive the Enrollment Logs.
This section includes options to utilize the Amazon Web Services along with Accord.
- Check box to Enable AWS Integration so that the SCOs can be loaded from the configured Amazon AWS location. When unchecked, the SCOs will be loaded from the local storage. NOTE; current objects will not be automatically moved in any direction.
- Access Key ID: The Access Key ID defined in the AWS Console.
- Secret Access Key: Secret Access Key matching the 'Access Key ID'.
- S3 Bucket Name: The Amazon S3 Bucket Name that stores data. Buckets are the fundamental container in Amazon S3 for data storage.
- SCO Root Folder: in the S3 Bucket, the root folder for the SCO objects. It should not start or end with a "/" character.
- DNS CNAME: The DNS name to use for the CloudFront URLs (DNS alias for the distribution's xxxxxx.cloudfront.net URL).
- Root DNS CNAME: For example, if the DNS name is 'cdn.example.com', then CNAME Root would be '.accordlms.com'.
- Key Pair Id: The 'Access Key ID' for the 'CloudFront Key Pairs' defined in the AWS Console (Security Credentials).
- Private Key: The Private Key defined for the Key Pair Id.
API Web Services
In this section you can turn on the Accord LMS APIs to connect your eLearning with your other business critical applications.
- Enable Web Services: Check the box to enable API Web Services.
- Security Role Group: Select which Role group the Web Service user credentials must belong to.
- Security Role: Select which Role the Web Service user credentials must belong to.
If any issue is affecting the way your SCORM content behaves you can enable a diagnostic trace that will help the support team locate the cause of the problem. Use only if directed by support team.
- Enable Diagnostic Trace: Check the box next to this option to enable diagnostic SCORM tracing of Learning Elements within the LMS.
- Days to keep Trace Logs: Enter the number of days in the field provided that you want to archive trace logs.
- Show Track Logs: Check the box next to this option to display SCORM Trace Logs, including diagnostic and error logs, in the pop-up Learning Element window.
- Click/Tap Update to save your changes or Cancel to return to the top level Configuration page.