Create LE Attempt Records
The Accord LMS automatically tracks Learner utilization and Learning Element attempt activities.
Attempt Records might be created for certification purposes for SCORM and Non-SCORM Learning Elements which involve any activities outside the LMS or for updated record keeping.
The ability to capture Attempt Records is initially setup for selected Learners during Enrollment.
To Create LE Attempt Records;
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected; should there be more than one Active Team.
- Go to the LMS Admin tab.
- Select the Actions tab.
- Select any desired Folders or Learning Elements you wish to run attempt records for.
- Expand the Teams, Roles & Learners panel.
Instructor Led Training Sessions (ILT);
Please Note; attempt records for ILT cannot be created from the Action Panel. Specific ILT attempt records can be created from the Session Roster which is accessed from the Catalog tab.
For ILT Session Roster help documentation, please see; http://help.accordlms.com/m/11168/l/256147-session-roster
- All Team Members: check the box to include All your Team Members or leave it un-checked to select specific Learning Roles.
- If opting not to select All Team Members, select any desired Learning Roles or Learners for which you wish to create attempt records for.
- Expand the Actions panel.
- Select the Create LE Attempt Records from the Action Panel.
The page will refresh displaying a message under the Action Panel which reads, Create Attempt Records for the selected LE to the selected Team Members, Learning Roles and/or Learners.
Additional Parameters are also displayed. Enter the relevant parameters for the learners:
- Completion: Select Complete or in Progress as the completion status.
- Success: Select None, Passed, Failed or Expired as the success status.
- Score: If applicable, enter a number in the field provided.
- Score Type: Select either % (percent) or Raw as its value.
- Duration: Enter a time using the example format (HH:MM:SS) for hours, minutes, seconds.
- Slide Position: Enter completion percentage to be used in presentations.
- Date: Enter particular date for the course taken.
- Time: Enter particular time for the course taken.
- Comments: Enter your comments.
- Archived: Create the attempt as Archived.
Once you have selected the Learning Elements to use for the attempt record, the Create Attempts Records option from the Action Panel, and have selected the roles or Learners you are creating this attempt record for, click Submit.
Note: If there are no Learning Roles, Learners or Team Members selected, you will be prompted to select them before proceeding.
Note: If there are no folders or Learning Elements selected, you will be prompted to select them before proceeding.
Exclude Any ILT Sessions;
You may not select any Instructor Led Training Sessions (ILT) from the Catalog when attempting to Create LE Attempt Records or you will receive the following warning.
Should you receive such a message, un-select any ILT Sessions and continue.
Once you've made your selections and while ensuring to exclude any ILT Sessions, the following message will display; Are you sure you want to create the specified Folders and LE Attempt Records for the selected Team Members, Learning Roles and/or Learners?
- Click Yes.
A confirmation window will then display which reads; (X) Attempt Records were Created successfully.
- Click Ok to close window.