Grading a Learner Uploaded Assignment
How to Grade an Assignment which has been Uploaded by a Learner
Amongst the various types of Learning Elements, there is a type referred to as Assignment Upload.
Utilizing this type of Learning Element will allow a Learner to upload an assignment file into the LMS for subsequent review and grading; either by an instructor or by an LMS Admin.
To review and/or grade a file which has been uploaded by a Learner;
- Wave-over the LMS Admin tab and click on Reports.
If a defined report type for Assignment Uploads does not already exist;
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected; should there be more than one Active Team.
- Under Quick Reports - LE Activity with Learner Detail, in the dropdown menu select Define New Report and click Continue.
- Name your Report Definition.
- Select which Teams will maintain view permissions for this Report.
- Under the Learners tab; use buttons to select from Users, Roles or Teams and choose which segments of Learners will be included in this Report.
- Under the Content tab; select which specific Learning Elements will be included in this Report.
- Under the Date tab; select the inclusive dates for this Report.
- Under the Columns tab; select the specific data columns you wish to display for this Report.
- Under the Columns tab; ensure box for Assignment Grading is checked.
After establishing your desired settings;
- Near the bottom of the Definitions panel, click Create.
Now that your defined Report exists, or if such a Report already existed;
- While under the Reports tab, click on your report established to gather data for Assignment Upload and click Continue.
Once the Report opens;
- Scroll downward and locate the specific user's assignment file upload you wish to grade. Scroll to the far right on the row for this user's assignment, locate the Learner's uploaded file and then click on it.
- Once perusing the uploaded file, you may check the box for Completed.
- Use the dropdown menu for Success Status to select from Passed or Failed.
- Enter an optional Score.
- Unless you choose to enter a specific Date, the date which reflects will be the original date and time the Learner originally uploaded the file.
- After making your selections, click Update.
Please note; the Comments field is strictly comments for LMS Admin personnel, not comments forwarded to Learners who upload assignments.
After clicking Update, any involved data columns will then reflect on a generated report.