General Options within Configuration will allow you to establish various settings for your LMS Administration Module.
To access General Options:
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected; should there be more than one Active Team.
- Click on the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the Configuration tab.
- Click on General Options.
General Settings Tab
This section contains a variety of configurations for different aspects of the Accord LMS.
- Hide Active Team: If a user has permissions for only ONE Team, check this box to hide the Active Team dropdown menu feature. This prevent non-authorized access for non-authorized Teams. Leave this box unchecked for users maintaining permissions for the other Active Teams.
- Learner Search List Limit: Type a number in the field to limit the number of records displayed in User Lists.
- Bulk Import Report Storage: Length of time the Automatic Import Reports will be stored on the server.
- Include Past Session Display Limit: Choose the number of days that a session which is due will display in the LMS Admin Catalog and Enrollment tree-view after a specified due date.
- Filter by Instructor: When checked, the only sessions which will display in the Catalog will be sessions where the current user is also the current session instructor.
For more information on how to Filter by Instructor please see; Display or Filter Sessions by Specific Instructors
- PDF Font File Name: In some special cases, you may want to force PDF template fields to conform to a specific UNICODE font. To specify a specific font type, type the font name in the field provided (e.g. SIMSUN.TTF, which supportsChinese characters). An available font file can be found at /DesktopModules/Interzoic.AccordLMS/Fonts/. Leave field blank for no forced font.
- SCORM Student Id: This will define what information is sent to the SCO in the fields cmi.core.studentid (for 1.2) and cmi.learner_id (for 2004). Select either Userid or Email.
This section allows you to configure some default settings of the LMS.
Report > Filters > Advanced Options
- Attempts: Select what new Report Filters should have Attempts set to by default: Best, Last, Last Completed, First Completed.
My Team > Learning Roles > Learning Role Management > Role Details
- LE Tracking Options: Select to Track All LE Attempts or Track All Attempts until LE is completed.
- Before Start Date Options: Select what new Learning Roles should have Before Start Date Options set by default.
- After Due Date Options: Select what new Learning Roles should have After Due Date Options set by default.
Folder Attempt Processing
This section provides configuration options for Folder Attempt calculations.
- Burst Size: Folder Attempt processes are queued in batches via a scheduled task. Select the batch quantity. Leave blank if you want all the folder attempts to be updated. This setting will affect ALL LMS modules on ALL portals.
- Period: Folder Attempt processes will be queued in batches via a scheduled task. Select the time period for the task to be processed.
Virtual ILT (Instructor Led Training)
This section will allow you to configure some settings that affect the way Virtual ILT Learning Elements perform.
- VILT Launch Preview: Allows a choice of how many minutes before a VILT Session officially begins, in which period of time a user can launch the Webinar window.
- Force Open New Windows For Mobile: When accessing Virtual ILT content on a mobile device, check this option to force the Learning Element to launch inside a new window.
The Search section will allow for a certain configuration of the Search Index.
The Search Index includes all Learning Element metadata such as: name, summary, details, tags, LEID and custom Education Activity names. It will also include words and phrases contained within the LE source, including SCORM (HTML), File (including HTML, PDF and all Office documents), Pages, PDF Templates and URLs (onsite and offsite).
The updated Search feature will be implemented for all Accord LMS search results - this affect both Learners and Admins UI.
The Search Index is a common data store utilized by all LMS Admin Modules across the DNN codebase. Search results are limited to authorized Learning Elements, for both Learners and LMS Admins.
All Search settings are global, except the Search Index Portal Alias which is unique to each LMS Administration Module.
- Minimum Word Length: Enter the minimum word size to be included in the index. Default value is 3.
- Maximum Word Length: Enter the maximum word size to be included in the index. Default value is 255.
- Maximum Crawl Depth (on-site): Enter the Maximum Crawl Depth to Index 'on-site' HTML pages. This setting only applies to htm(l) files referenced via the File or URL Element Source type. A value of '0' will only index the root level HTML page without any children.
- Maximum Crawl Depth (off-site): Enter the Maximum Crawl Depth to Index 'offsite' HTML pages. This setting only applies to htm(l) files referenced via the File or URL Element Source type. A value of '0' will only index the root level HTML page without any children. Note; off-site indexing has been limited to '0' - no off-site child HTML content will be indexed.
- Files Types to Index: A comma separated list of file extensions such as; doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, txt, rtf, htm, html for which direct or iFilter parsing and indexing should be attempted.
- Textual extensions like html and txt are parsed directly. Docx files are natively parsed, without needing any external component. Binary files (pdf, doc, dot, rtf, csv, xlt, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, etc.) are parsed via IFilters, therefore the proper IFilter parser needs to be installed on the web server.
- IFilters require the web server to be in full trust mode (or the IFilter component must be installed in the Global Assembly Cache).
- Windows search service must be running.
- To index PDF files the system must have Adobe IFilter installed; http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4025
- To index MS Office files, the system must have MS office filter packs installed (not required for doc,docx files) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17062
- XML, CHM, PostScript and many other file types can also be indexed using commercially available IFilters http://www.ifiltershop.com
- For more information on IFilters please see; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFilter
File Type Portal Alias: Select any valid portal alias for the current portal. The drop down will only present portal aliases associated with the current PortalID. The selected Portal Alias will be used by the indexing engine to access Event Source File types via URL for indexing.
- Search Index Path: The location where the Search Index is stored. By default it is /App_data/LMSSearch. This location can be manually changed by creating a Host Setting LmsSearch_IndexFolder in the database. It is advised to stop the App Pool prior to making this change. Whenever customizing, the specified path must be absolute, not relative. Content of an old folder must be manually copied to a new location or a manual Rebuild Index must be triggered.
- Index Title: The search will index by Learning Element Title.
- Index Tags: The search will index by Learning Element Tags.
- Index Description: The search will index by Learning Element description.
- Index Body: The search will index by Learning element content in your html and url’s.
- Exact Match: When checked, only exact matching items will return. If unchecked, will return close-match items.
- Get More Information: When clicked, adds to the page details about the index.
- Compact Index: Enables an internal flag telling the search indexer to optimize the index on its next run. The optimization will re-arrange internal index files and purge some (but maybe not all) deleted items. Compacting the Index reclaims space from deleted items in the Index Store. It is recommended only when there are many Deleted Documents in Index Store. Compacting may require twice the size of current Index Store during processing. If only a few items delete, nothing will change.
- Rebuild Index: Enables an internal flag telling the search indexer to start from scratch. All current index items will be deleted and each Learning Element in the Catalog will be indexed. The normal operation of the search indexed is to include only any Learning elements created or updated after the previous run. Re-Indexing deletes existing content from the Index Store and then re-indexes everything.
Note; Both Compacting and Re-Indexing are done by Learning Elements Search Crawler scheduled job.
One or more words can be specified if intended to obtain search results containing Learning Elements with either the first term or any of the other terms.
If a complete word is not known or more than one Learning Element containing certain information needs to be found, an asterisk (*) wild card can be used to match words starting with or ending with a specific character. Wild card and non-wild card terms can be mixed in the same search.
Phrases can also be specified using double quoted text. Quoted and non-quoted terms can be used in the same search.
In this section you have the option to activate the generation of log files from every enrollment made in the LMS
- Enable Enrollment Logs: Check this box to enable enrollment logs to be saved for each enrollment performed.
- Days to keep Enrollment Logs: Select how many days to archive Enrollment logs.
If any issue is affecting the way your SCORM content behaves you can enable a diagnostic trace that will help the support team isolate the cause of the problem. Use only when directed by Support.
- Enable Diagnostic Trace: Check box to enable diagnostic SCORM tracing of Learning Elements within the LMS.
- Days to keep Trace Logs: Enter the number of days you want to archive trace logs.
- Show Track Logs: Check box to display SCORM Trace Logs, including diagnostic and error logs, in the pop-up Learning Element window.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click Update to save any settings changes.
- If choosing to abort from any changes, click Cancel. This will return you to the top level Configuration page.
Completion Events HTTP Request
Number of Retries: Number of times the system will re-send the http calls.
Waiting time after window closing: Normally the http request is sent immediately when the LE window is closed. If the closing event is missed, the system will automatically send the http request after this many minutes.
Process Requests After: Any HTTP requests will only be resent after this date.