Templates can be used to format the LMS Learning Catalog.
To access, set or edit Templates;
- Click on the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the My Courses tab.
- Once in My Courses, click on it's Configuration tab.
Once inside Configuration, scroll down and click on the Templates heading to open this panel.
Here you may set templates for My Courses, Calendar, Electives and Resources.
These templates can be customized for your specifications using whatever font, backgrounds, images and layout you desire for your presentation using simple HTML with TOKEN replacements.
Each template is a group of files located in a subfolder under /WWWRoot/DesktopModules/Interzoic.AccordLMS/Template. Each of the /Subfolders contains a full set of template files. The /Subfolder name becomes the 'name' of the aggregated 'template' files. You will need to use an FTP client to download the default templates and upload your new customized templates. Be sure to give your new template folder a unique name.
Here are the HTML and Tokens used for the Default.Learner.ListView.MyPlan LENode.htm:
<table style="width: 100%;">
<td class="lenodeicon" style="width: 40px;">[ICONLARGE]</td>
<td class="lenodename Normal">[NAME]</td>
<td class="lenodescore Normal" align="right" style="min-width: 40px;">[IFSCOREGRATERTHANZERO][SCORE%][/IFSCOREGRATERTHANZERO]</td>
<td class="lenodestatusicon" align="right" style="min-width: 40px;">[STATUSICONLARGE]</td>
Default templates will be copied over with each new Accord LMS upgrade, so customizations should be made to new templates saved to sub folders with unique names.
You can edit the template files locally and then copy back to the web server. Often this in an iterative process where you make edits locally, upload to the server, refresh a browser opened to your Learner catalog, see how the updates look and then make your final adjustments. From the FTP client screen shot you can see we have seven default templates.
Default templates are provided for all of the existing traditional/default presentations. Accord LMS may update the default templates over time and each upgrade to the Accord LMS will copy over the existing templates. If you want to customize any of the default templates, be sure to copy the template files to a new directory with a unique name. Once you have created a customized template and FTPed back to your server, you can select the template from the drop-down list.
More information on skins and templates included with the Accord LMS can be found by following this Responsive Skin and Templates blog.
Template Files - List View
The List View templates included within the Accord LMS provide a standard structure for displaying Folders, Breadcrumbs and Quicklinks. The templates can be customized to your specifications using whatever font, backgrounds, images and layout you need to achieve your desired presentation using simple HTML with TOKEN replacements.
- Top.htm defines the top structure of the Catalog List View. In the default template Parent Folder Name and QuickLinks Tokens are included in this file.
- Bottom.htm defines the bottom of the Catalog List View.
- Left.htm defines the left structure of the Catalog List View. In the default template navigational Breadcrumb tokens are included in this file.
- Right.htm defines the right section of the Catalog List View.
Header and Footer
- Header.htm defines the header of the Catalog ListView, such as the table for the column headers on the default templates.
- Footer.htm defines the footer of the Catalog ListView.
- Folder Node - FolderNode.htm defines the layout of the Folder nodes.
- LE Node - LENode.htm - defines the layout of the Learning Element nodes.
- Template.css allows CSS customization for the Catalog ListView. This file has precedence over the default CSS that ships with the Accord LMS. Colors for mouse over, selected, header colors, failure and success fonts can all be easily defined.
For a complete list of all available tokens and detailed instructions on how to create your own templates, please refer to the section: Learner UI Templates.