The Access section will allow you to select which Learning Roles will have access to certain learning content as well as determine how this content may be accessed.
Access to learning content may also be facilitated by the submittal of access codes permitted thru various methods.
To setup various forms of access for particular Learning Roles;
- Click on the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the My Courses tab.
- Once inside My Courses, click on it's Configuration tab.
Once inside the Configuration section, scroll down and click on the Access heading to open this panel.
- Show Roles: Check box to show available Roles.
- Show Description: Check box to show Role descriptions.
- Show Status: Check box to show the completion status of all associated Learning Elements.
- Show Start Date: Check box to show Role start dates.
- Show Due Date: Check box to show Role due dates.
- Allow Public Unsubscribe: Check box to enable the unsubscribe function for public Roles. This will place a small red X to the left of the Role on the listing page.
- Allow Non-Public Unsubscribe: Check box to enable the unsubscribe function for non-public Roles. This will place a small red X to the left of the Role on the listing page.
- Filter Roles By Group: Displays a list of available Roles. Use the drop-down menu to filter between different Role Groups. The available Roles are limited by permissions of the current Active Team.
- Select the Show check-box for each Role to be displayed on the Learner > Access tab. (This will be dependent upon Learning Roles assigned to the current Learner).
Access Code Form Submit: This will allow for the submittal of Access Codes.
Access Codes are used to grant access to specific content to specific Users or Learners.
To utilize Access Code Form Submit;
- Scroll down to Access Code Form Submit and check box for Allow Form Submit.
Access Code HTTP Submit: This will allow access codes to be submitted via HTTP.
To utilize Access Code HTTP Submit;
- Scroll down to Access Code HTTP Submit.
Post from Dynamic Form: Check this box to automatically configure the dynamic registration post option to work properly.
Submit Restrictions: Use the dropdown menu to select which Portals can submit Access Codes.
Enable HTTP Methods: Select which HTTP methods to support. Get Token is optional name/value pair to use for security: token=optional.value.
- Post: This option can be used if you are using an HTML form for enrollment. When the form is submitted the access code built within the http body is submitted as well.
- Get: This option allows adding code=AccessCodeName at the end of the URL. When this link is accessed the access code provided will assign content to Learner’s My Courses.
- Token: Can only be used with the Get option to provide extra security functions. The value input in the provided field will be used along with the Get function (code=AccessCodeName) as explained above. This would be used at the end of the URL so the Get value (code=AccessCode) plus the Token value (token=LearnerCode) will result in the following URL: http://localhost/dnn1/MyPlan/tabid/58/LrnrTab379/config/LrnrCtrl379/config/Default.aspx?code=AccessCodeName&token=LearnerCode
Require HTTPS: Check box to require all HTTP submissions to be secured with HTTPS.
Allow UserID Submission: Check box to allow UserID Submission in the HTTP URL. For security reasons it is recommended to use a Token and HTTPS whenever submitting a UserID. Example: http://mySite.com/myplan.aspx?code=lmsmanager&userid=427&token=27a076b0-c156-4020-9e6e-c850e5b8189f
Allow Redirect: When selected this allows for an LMS Admin to submit redirection settings to redirect Learners based upon their specific Roles. Check the appropriate box.
- Never: No redirection will take place.
- Always: The redirection will occur every time the Learner opens the page.
- Only with access code: The redirection will occur only when an access code is provided.
Note: User accounts without listed Role redirections will never be redirected; such as DNN Administrators and Host.
Once all the settings have been configured with your desired preferences;
- Scroll to the bottom and click Update to save changes.