Generally speaking, Electives are courses or classes which a learner chooses to engage in, versus those courses which are assigned or required.
To manage the Learners' Electives feature;
- Click on the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the My Courses tab.
- Once inside the My Courses tab, click on it's Configuration tab.
- Once in the Configuration tab, scroll down and click on the Electives heading to open this panel.
The Electives panel options are;
- Learner Electives Enrollment: checking the box for Always Assign to Current User will always assign Enrollment to the current user even if Access and Tracking is set to Proxy User.
- Learner Electives Enrollment Redirection: using the associated dropdown menu, select how the Learner will be redirected after they Enroll. Choices are My Courses, URL (A Link To An External Resource) or Page (A Page On Your Site).
- After selecting your options, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.