Establish any Learning Roles' Rules for Membership
Purpose of Rules for Membership of Learning Roles;
Rules for Membership of Learning Roles are established for the purposes of effectively automating the process of granting membership into specific Learning Roles for specific types of Learners; most typically based upon the informational details of their Learner profiles'.
Establishing Rules for Membership allows for Learners to be automatically funneled into the proper Roles. This will grant them access to the appropriate Learning Content.
To Create or Manage Rules for Membership for Learning Roles;
- Ensure the proper larger Active Team has been selected by using the associated dropdown menu; should more than one Active Team exist.
- Click on the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the Roles tab.
- Click on the edit (pencil icon) for the Learning Role you wish to add or edit Membership Rules for .
Click on the Membership Rules header to open section if necessary.
Information Icons: Hovering a mouse over any information icons will display helpful tips.
Learner Role Assignment allows a Learner to be automatically included within a given learning Role whenever a new Learner or User is added, providing they satisfy the established Rules.
Owner: The selected Active Team will be the owner of this Rule.
- Automatic Drop: Select Yes if you want Learners dropped from this Role once a given Rule no longer applies to them. Select No if you want Learners to remain in this Role regardless of any Rules.
- Matching Learners: This numerical value represents the number of Learners which currently match any given Rule's established parameters for membership. This numerical value will potentially update with subsequent Rule changes. You can immediately refresh this value by clicking on the refresh arrow.
- Rule: Using the associated dropdown menu, select any desired parameters necessary to be satisfied in order to qualify for automatic Role Membership.
There are 2 different types of Rules:
Single Rule: Only this single Rule will need to be satisfied in order for a Learner to be automatically included in this given Role.
And Rules: All Rules need to be satisfied before a Learner will be automatically included within this learning Role. Unless all Rules are satisfied, the Learning Role Membership Rule is not triggered and the learner will not be included in this Role.
- To create a new Add rule, click Add New Parameter button.
- After establishing any desired rules for membership, click Update.
In the example below, a Rule was created which applies to any Users that were hired by 11 March 2020 and authorized at such time.